Your Chiavari Chair creates the perfect environment for all those special events you will never forget. But how much do you know about this elegant, perfect-for-weddings chair?
In this blog we have told you how to take care of your Chiavari Chair and the story of its creation, but this elegant chair still has a lot of secrets to share. Today we will reveal five secrets you did not know about it…
- Chiavari refers to the town in which the chairs were invented
The place is located on the Italian Riviera inside the region of Liguria.
- The first Chiavari Chair wholesale happened in 1826
Francis I, King of Napoli, ordered 100 chairs for its palace.
- Famous Neoclassic sculptor and painter Antonio Canova was a Chiavari Chair fan!
He described it as a “miracle of technique and elegance”.
- Napoleon III named Giuseppe Cayetano Descalzi the author of the Chiavari Chair…
Also his personal Chiavari Chair supplier.
- It became the favorite wedding chair in 1953
When First Lady Jackie Kennedy utilized it in her wedding.